Saturday, September 23, 2006

Today's quote.

That is why I insist that wealth in the age of flatness will increasingly gravitate to those countries who get three basic things right: the infrastructure to connect as efficiently and speedily as possible with the flat world platform, the right education programs and knowledge skills to empower more of their people to innovate and do value-added work on that platform, and finally, the right governance - that is, the right tax policies, the right investment and trade laws, the right support for research, the right intellectual property laws, and, most of all, the right inspirational leadership – to enhance and manage the flow with the flat world” pag. 328-9, The World is Flat. (Thomas L. Friedman, 2006)


This is a book, that I recomend to you all. It's one reading I have to do for one of my classes. I had to do a paper for some policy recommendations for Atlanta (Kommune) based on this book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home