Friday, October 27, 2006

TA. Teaching Assistant.

One of the good things about coming here to Georgia Tech (perhaps a future MIKE student will be considering coming here), is that they have gave me the opportunity to be a Teaching Assistant, or TA (that is how they call it)
It's in one class called Science, Technology and Human Values, it mixes science, religion, and philosophy "examingin science and technology in a broader social context". It's kind of a mandatory class, and most of the people are engineers in the third year of their undergrad. The class holds almost 200 people, they have 6 TA's. Professor Klein teaches Monday and Wednesday, and Friday, the class is divided in smaller clasrooms of 3o something. The TA's fully teach this class.
Actually, today is Friday, and I will have to teach it. I need to grade papers and quizzes they make every other week. It is a very interesting thing, because the students they reallly look to you as their professor. It's a strange feeling because you're still a student. You know exactly how they feel. I guess once that you are a professor for many years you forget about the feelings of student life, but for me now is just the same!
So I am suppossed to work about 10 hours a week, and hey, they even pay me!. Which it comes at handy for paying for the expensive rent in Atlanta. I am very greatful to Georgia Tech for having gave me this opportunity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that you live in the ghetto

27 October, 2006  
Blogger Carlos said...

Jason is my neighbor, a funny guy. We talk many times, he's an engineer PhD student at Georgia Tech. He has kind of famous photography website, click on his name. I suggest you "Atlanta Georgia Sunsets" and "Building Demolition" that's from my building in the Gallery section. It's pretty cool.

03 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home